FaceBook PageFollow us on twitter


Completed applications due April 8, 2015

2015-2016 High School Scholarship Application

Southwest Applied Technology College is excited to have you on campus and we want your enrollment to translate into success.

If you have any questions or need assistance please feel free to contact Team Student Services at 435-586-2899. We are available Monday through Thursday 8am to 8pm and Friday 8am to 5pm.

  • Campus Map available in our Catalog on Page 56

Why is CTE (Career and Technical Education) important? Read what your fellow high school students are doing in their CTE pathways. Click here to read the CTE Blog.

You are a college student! Remember, the courses you are taking on our campus are college courses and you are considered a college (post-secondary) students while enrolled in a SWATC course(s.)

Students with disabilities: Your success is important to us. Please review our Students with Disabilities page for more information about requesting academic adjustments on our campus. Click here to download our transitions for high school students brochure.

Frequently Asked Questions:

  • Q: As a student with a disability leaving high school and entering postsecondary education, will I see differences in my rights and how they are addressed?

    A: Yes. Section 504 and Title II protect elementary, secondary, and postsecondary students from discrimination. Nevertheless, several of the requirements that apply through high school are different from the requirements that apply beyond high school. For instance, Section 504 requires a school district to provide a free appropriate public education (FAPE) to each child with a disability in the district’s jurisdiction. Whatever the disability, a school district must identify an individual’s educational needs and provide any regular or special education and related aids and services necessary to meet those needs as well as it is meeting the needs of students without disabilities.

    Unlike your high school, however, your postsecondary school is not required to provide FAPE. Rather, your postsecondary school is required to provide appropriate academic adjustments as necessary to ensure that it does not discriminate on the basis of disability. In addition, if your postsecondary school provides housing to nondisabled students, it must provide comparable, convenient, and accessible housing to students with disabilities at the same cost.

  • Q: I have an IEP (Individualized Education Plan) that was used in high school. Will that provide what is required for documentation in my post-secondary program?A: No. While the IEP may help identify what services were provided in high school, and it provides a record of your disability, it is not enough to meet the requirements of your post-secondary institution. A helpful article for students preparing for post-secondary education was prepared by the Office of Civil Rights and is available on the OCR website at http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/transition.html
  • Q: What documentation should I provide?A: An individualized education program (IEP) or Section 504 plan, if you have one, may help identify services that have been effective for you. This is generally not sufficient documentation, however, because of the differences between postsecondary education and high school education. What you need to meet the new demands of postsecondary education may be different from what worked for you in high school. Also, in some cases, the nature of a disability may change.

Considering SWATC after high school? 

2015-2016 High School Scholarship Application